Currenty we accept applications for the following positions:
Edendale, South Africa
Full Time position, Salary: ZAR 12000 per month
Duration: 1 year, starting on 7 April 2014
expires on 16-03-2014
The Africaid Trust is a registered NGO in South Africa based in the grounds of Edendale Hospital, Edendale, Pietermaritzberg. It runs the award winning WhizzKids United (WKU) programme which provides adolescent health services at its Health Academy and uses the power of football to deliver youth empowerment and educational programmes. Its FIFA Football for Hope Centre is to open shortly.
The post will commence on 7 April 2014.
The Finance Manager is responsible for all areas of the finance function.
The Finance Manager reports directly to the Country Director and is part of the management team.
Finance Manager responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Management Team on managing project budgets and cash-flow and preparing regular cash-flow forecasts.
- Assisting the Management Team in creating new budgets.
- Maintaining petty cash, credit card and bank receipts and payments records
- Entering project budgets into the accounting system
- Maintaining the accounting software entering transactions on a timely basis and ensuring all control accounts are reconciled monthly
- Produce monthly management accounts and project accounts
- Liaising with the payroll controller
- Producing annual accounts ready for audit and sign off by 3 months after the year end. Liaising with the auditors who prepare the statutory accounts
- Most importantly be prepared to deal with anything that is thrown at you
You need to be a highly motivated and hard-working individual who is willing to work in a team-based organization and ready to deal with anything thrown at you.
You might qualify for this position if you can provide the following:
- You have a recently gained a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a relevant discipline OR you are qualified by practical experience over a number of years, OR you are a retired qualified accountant
- You see problems and challenges as opportunities for great solutions and you have a creative, yet logical approach to problem solving.
- You are an analytical thinker and enjoy working with and creating statistics.
- You have excellent English Language skills both written and spoken.
- You have a sound understanding of computerized bookkeeping. We use Sage Pastel Partner for NPOs
- You are computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office (especially MS Word and Excel).
- Your work attitude is goal driven and you are willing to ensure you meet time lines.
- Your approach to work is very organized and structured, with great attention to detail.
- You are legally permitted to take up employment in the Republic of South Africa.
- You are willing to work in Edendale, Pietermaritzburg.
We provide a salary of ZAR12,000 per month and 21 days holiday per annum for this position. You will also be able to attend relevant training courses.
One of the main benefits to you is the chance to make a real difference in the lives of young disadvantaged South Africans.
It will give you the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in South African culture and you will have the chance to work alongside people from around the world. It is an exciting, dynamic role and an exceptional opportunity for anyone looking to fulfill themselves within a well-respected and successful organization.
For a younger person it is a chance to gain a wealth of invaluable experience and for an older person a chance to use their wealth of experience
The incumbent finance manager is a volunteer who is with us till the end of July 2014. He is a Chartered Accountant with 35 years of experience and will work alongside you to mentor you into the role
To apply, please send your CV including a letter of motivation and previous job references (if applicable) to:
Correspondence will only be entered into with those shortlisted for interviews. Interviews will take place in Edendale during the week commencing 24 March 2014.
Durban, South Africa
Duration: 6 months - 1 year, starting on 1 May 2014
expires on 31-03-2014
Programme Team Volunteer
As a volunteer you support our programme team in the delivery of the wide range of programmes that we offer. This is perfect for you if you really want to explore South African culture and change lives of people in need.
The post will start on 13 January 2014. The time commitment for the post is 6 months to 1 year. (For shorter periods, please contact us).
You will become a member of the Programme Team which coordinates all WhizzKids United’s non-clinical activities. You would work under the guidance of our Project Coordinators who will help you to make this experience a unforgettable one.
As a volunteer you could be involved in coaching our football teams - boys and girls - or supporting some our after school activities, such as the Mixed Gender Football League, Home Work support, Arts & Crafts or Choir and Dancing. There are over 20 different activities to choose from.
Some of the work will also be office based and include research, report writing, training development etc.
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working person who is willing to work in a team-based organisation. We appreciate if you have a passion for football, and previous experience in working with Youth would be an advantage for you.
If you match the following criteria, you could soon join our team:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline OR you are currently enrolled in college/university studying a relevant subject
- You have Project Management experience
- You have a good understanding of English, both written and spoken
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (especially MS Word and Excel)
- You are a people skills and able to motivate others as well as work with constructive criticism
- Your work attitude is goal driven and you are willing to work outside the normal office hours
- It would be great if you are passionate about football, and maybe even have some experience in football coaching.
- You have a driver´s license valid for South Africa.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide any form of financial compensation for our volunteers. This includes accommodation, flight costs, visa costs etc.
We do however give you a very special opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young South Africans infected and affected by HIV & AIDS. We believe this may be much more beneficial for you and your personal development.
Volunteering with us will give you the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in South African culture and you will have the chance to work alongside people from around the world. It is an exciting, dynamic role and an exceptional opportunity for anyone looking to gain experience in programme administration within a well respected and successful charity, in particular this position will also provide a great range of experiences for someone wishing to pursue a career in development.
This is the role for you if you want a chance to put your skills to the test with a job that offers up fresh challenges every day. There are many opportunities to learn within a great team and in your free time you get the chance to explore the breath taking surroundings.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to Stefan Kunze at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the application documents and all further information.
Durban, South Africa
Duration: 6 months - 1 year, starting on 1 April 2014
expires on 31-03-2014
Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
The Africaid Trust is a registered NGO in South Africa. It runs a programme called WhizzKids United which uses football as a tool to deliver HIV/AIDS, prevention, care, treatment and support services to young people worldwide.
The post is available from February 1, 2012. The time commitment for the post is 6 months to 1 year.
The applicant will become a member of the Marketing and PR team which consists of two members and coordinates all WhizzKids United’s marketing and event-related activities. The applicant will support the Marketing Director. The applicant will be responsible for:
- Social Media research, updating and monitoring
- Researching fundraising opportunities as well as media and PR research and documentation
- Event management: Planning, implementation and documentation
- Image and video upkeep, updating website
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working person who is willing to work in a team-based organisation. The applicant should have a good knowledge of marketing, event management and social media.
The applicant should:
- Have a Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline OR minimum one year's experience working in a development and/or Marketing context
- Have a good knowledge of working with Social Media networking tools (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Very good English speaker and writer
- Be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Voluntary, non-salaried position. The position starts on February 1, 2012 and lasts for 6 months to 1 year
The main benefit to the applicant is a chance to make a real difference in the lives of young people infected and affected by HIV & AIDS. The applicant will be given a high level of responsibility and experience and opportunities to travel to different parts of South Africa. The applicant will work in a fun, dynamic and skilled team made up of people from many different countries and backgrounds.
To apply, the applicant will need to contact Stefan Kunze (email@example.com)
Tel: +27 (0) 31 201 5866
The applicant will be required to fill in a “Volunteer Application Form”, which may be followed by a telephone or Skype interview.