Currenty we accept applications for the following positions:
WhizzKids Health Academy, Edendale Hospital, Edendale, PMB, South Africa
Full Time position, Salary: ZAR 13000 per month
Duration: 1 year, starting on 15 May 2014
expires on 15-04-2015
Project Coordinator (Health and Counselling)
The Project Coordinator is responsible for the management and implementation of our adolescent health and counselling projects and reporting back to Funders.
The Project Coordinator reports directly to the Programme Director and supervises a dedicated project team.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Assisting the Programme Director in the successful execution of the assigned projects (i.e. achieving project objectives)
- Ensuring all project staff are familiar with project objectives and outcomes
- Assisting the Programme Director in identifying gaps, weaknesses and areas for development
- Holding and attending regular meetings with project staff to review project implementation and adherence to budget
- Actively contributing to project delivery
- Managing the project related budgets
- Assisting Programme Director in compiling comprehensive and timely reports (internal and external)
- Keeping all project documentation up to date
- Ensuring that inventories of project materials are maintained and sufficient supplies are available
- Developing and enforcing schedules for project implementation
- Ensuring staff development through training and capacity building
- Providing assistance to the Marketing Team with developing project related information material and promotion activities
- Assisting the Programme Director in project related networking affairs
- Working with Research Team to ensure that efficient Monitoring & Evaluation tools are in place
WKU is seeking a highly motivated and hard-working person who is willing to work in a team-based organisation. A sound interest in football and previous work experience in the field of Youth Development would a strong advantage.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in a relevant discipline an advantage and a minimum of three years work experience in project implementation is required.
- Strong background in adolescent health care and counselling is an absolute must
- Strong project management experience
- Analytical thinker who enjoys working with and creating statistics.
- Excellent language skills in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in isiZulu a strong advantage.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (especially MS Word and Excel).
- People person who motivates others and works well in a team as well as under own initiative.
- Work attitude is goal driven and you get the work done on time.
- See challenges as opportunities and a way to make great things happen.
- Approach to work is very organized and structured, with great attention to detail.
- Passionate about football and enjoy working with youth.
- You must have a RSA valid driver’s license. A PDP license is an advantage.
- Legally permitted to take up employment in the Republic of South Africa.
- Willing to work in Edendale, Pietermaritzburg.
We provide a salary of ZAR13,000 per month and 21 days holiday per annum for this position. You will also be able to attend relevant training courses.
One of the main benefits to you is the chance to make a real difference in the lives of young disadvantaged South Africans.
It will give you the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in South African culture and you will have the chance to work alongside people from around the world. It is an exciting, dynamic role and an exceptional opportunity for anyone looking to fulfill themselves in project coordination within a well-respected and successful organization.
Durban, South Africa
Duration: 6 months - 1 year, starting on 1 May 2014
expires on 31-03-2014
This posting has expired!
Programme Team Volunteer
As a volunteer you support our programme team in the delivery of the wide range of programmes that we offer. This is perfect for you if you really want to explore South African culture and change lives of people in need.
The post will start on 13 January 2014. The time commitment for the post is 6 months to 1 year. (For shorter periods, please contact us).
You will become a member of the Programme Team which coordinates all WhizzKids United’s non-clinical activities. You would work under the guidance of our Project Coordinators who will help you to make this experience a unforgettable one.
As a volunteer you could be involved in coaching our football teams - boys and girls - or supporting some our after school activities, such as the Mixed Gender Football League, Home Work support, Arts & Crafts or Choir and Dancing. There are over 20 different activities to choose from.
Some of the work will also be office based and include research, report writing, training development etc.
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working person who is willing to work in a team-based organisation. We appreciate if you have a passion for football, and previous experience in working with Youth would be an advantage for you.
If you match the following criteria, you could soon join our team:
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline OR you are currently enrolled in college/university studying a relevant subject
- You have Project Management experience
- You have a good understanding of English, both written and spoken
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (especially MS Word and Excel)
- You are a people skills and able to motivate others as well as work with constructive criticism
- Your work attitude is goal driven and you are willing to work outside the normal office hours
- It would be great if you are passionate about football, and maybe even have some experience in football coaching.
- You have a driver´s license valid for South Africa.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide any form of financial compensation for our volunteers. This includes accommodation, flight costs, visa costs etc.
We do however give you a very special opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young South Africans infected and affected by HIV & AIDS. We believe this may be much more beneficial for you and your personal development.
Volunteering with us will give you the opportunity to fully immerse yourself in South African culture and you will have the chance to work alongside people from around the world. It is an exciting, dynamic role and an exceptional opportunity for anyone looking to gain experience in programme administration within a well respected and successful charity, in particular this position will also provide a great range of experiences for someone wishing to pursue a career in development.
This is the role for you if you want a chance to put your skills to the test with a job that offers up fresh challenges every day. There are many opportunities to learn within a great team and in your free time you get the chance to explore the breath taking surroundings.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email to Stefan Kunze at email@example.com and we will send you the application documents and all further information.
Durban, South Africa
Duration: 6 months - 1 year, starting on 1 April 2014
expires on 31-03-2014
This posting has expired!
Social Media and Marketing Coordinator
The Africaid Trust is a registered NGO in South Africa. It runs a programme called WhizzKids United which uses football as a tool to deliver HIV/AIDS, prevention, care, treatment and support services to young people worldwide.
The post is available from February 1, 2012. The time commitment for the post is 6 months to 1 year.
The applicant will become a member of the Marketing and PR team which consists of two members and coordinates all WhizzKids United’s marketing and event-related activities. The applicant will support the Marketing Director. The applicant will be responsible for:
- Social Media research, updating and monitoring
- Researching fundraising opportunities as well as media and PR research and documentation
- Event management: Planning, implementation and documentation
- Image and video upkeep, updating website
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working person who is willing to work in a team-based organisation. The applicant should have a good knowledge of marketing, event management and social media.
The applicant should:
- Have a Bachelors Degree in a relevant discipline OR minimum one year's experience working in a development and/or Marketing context
- Have a good knowledge of working with Social Media networking tools (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Very good English speaker and writer
- Be able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Voluntary, non-salaried position. The position starts on February 1, 2012 and lasts for 6 months to 1 year
The main benefit to the applicant is a chance to make a real difference in the lives of young people infected and affected by HIV & AIDS. The applicant will be given a high level of responsibility and experience and opportunities to travel to different parts of South Africa. The applicant will work in a fun, dynamic and skilled team made up of people from many different countries and backgrounds.
To apply, the applicant will need to contact Stefan Kunze (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tel: +27 (0) 31 201 5866
The applicant will be required to fill in a “Volunteer Application Form”, which may be followed by a telephone or Skype interview.